Anyone can use the IKEA Gift Account. If you have something to celebrate then we can handle your gift list!
You can use the service to manage Gift Accounts for all sorts of events including weddings, civil partnerships, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements etc. We just ask that the event holder is either over the age of 18, or if under the age of 18, that they have permission to use the service from their parent or legal guardian.
If you are based outside of the UK, you can still use the IKEA Gift Account service. All payments to load the IKEA Gift Cards and the subsequent balance is in GBP currency. This is dynamically converted at the till when making your purchases, should you wish to spend the balance in stores outside of the UK. Gift cards can generally be bought in one country and used in another country. The exchange value will be automatically calculated in the IKEA iPay system with the valid local exchange rate. There are a few exceptions which you can see below.
Gift cards can be bought and redeemed in all stores in these countries:
Australia*, Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Spain**, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom & USA.
* except the stores in Adelaide & Perth
**except the stores in Lanzarote, Tenerife, Mallorca & Gran Canaria
Gift cards CANNOT be bought/redeemed across stores in these countries:
Australia: (Adelaide & Perth), Croatia, Cyprus, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Israel, Kuwait, Lithuania, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spanish Islands, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey & United Arab Emirates.
• To check the balance of an IKEA Gift Card, visit or call any IKEA store.
• No cash change will be given on purchases made using a Gift Cards.
• Gift cards cannot be returned or refunded, except in accordance with your legal rights. The balance cannot be converted into cash.
• The value on the card(s) cannot be used to pay credit card or IKEA Business account balances.
• The balance on the card(s) can be controlled at any IKEA store, or by the phone via the Contact Centre.
• The card(s) remain the property of IKEA UK and Ireland Ltd, and may not be tampered or interfered with, without our consent.
• Gift card(s) can be used as a complete or partial payment in all the above IKEA stores including online.
• There are no limitations on how many times a card(s) can be used (until the balance is £0.00).
• The card(s) have no expiration date.
• If card(s) are found, please return to the nearest IKEA store.
• IKEA is unable to replace card(s) if lost or stolen.
PLEASE NOTTE: IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO RELOAD A GIFT CARD IN A DIFFERENT COUNTRY TO WHERE IT WAS ORIGINALLY ISSUED!
International customers will receive their IKEA Gift Cards by post using international Airmail. These Gift Cards will be sent unloaded and the recipient must contact the IKEA Gift Account admin team via email or phone to confirm delivery. Once delivery is confirmed, the IKEA Gift Card will be loaded with the account balance so it can be spent in-store.